The Lakeshorts International Short Film Festival returns for its fourth year, celebrating wonderful short films from Canada and around the world. The festival takes place on May 2nd and 3rd at The Assembly Hall.
The first day kicked off with The Scotiabank Loved and Local screening, presenting short films from emerging and local filmmakers, as well as selected award winners from the Gala happening the next day. The first night was hosted by Gabe Hogan (Heartland) and Carlos Diaz (Rent-A-Goalie, Crash & Burn). Here are the films that were screened:
- Prairie Dogs – Directed by TW Peacocke – 13 min – Canada
- De Huid Voelt – Directed by Daan Bunnik – 6min – Netherlands
- We Need a Hero – Directed by Michelle Nolden – 14min – Canada
- Tala – Directed by Pier-Philippe Chevigny – 13 min – Canada
- SweetieFace – Directed by Mark Obrien – 14min – Canada
- The Beard – Directed by Yaz Rabadi – 6 min – Canada
- Damn Girl – Directed by Kira Richards Hansen – 13 min – Denmark
- Vivre – Directed by Maharaki MJ – 13 min – Guadalupe/Martinique
A number of guests attended the screening, including actress Katie Boland (Winner of the ‘AH! Loved and Local Artist Award Best Actress’ for her performance in SweetieFace), Rachel Wilson, actor Mackenzie Ball, and the students of the Lakeshorts Future Filmmakers Intensive.
Check out all the photos from the evening below. Stay tuned for Day 2 photos, coming soon!
Click photos to enlarge.